TH – Steel Bronze Powder with PTFE/Fiber Dry Bearings
- Suitable for dry running with a low coefficient of friction
- Low wear rate
- Good sliding characteristics
- Transfer film created which will protect the mating metal surface
- Suitable for rotary and oscillating movement
- High chemical resistance and lower absorption of water
- Also performs well with lubrication
- PTFE/Fiber mixture thickness 0.01~0.03mm, Lead-free bearing layer provides an excellent initial transfer film,which effectively coats the mating surfaces of the bearing assembly,forming an oxide type solid lubricant film.
- Sintered bronze powder thickness 0.20-0.35mm, provides max. thermal conductivity away from the bearing surface, also serves as a reservoir for the PTFE-Fiber mixture.
- Low-Carbon Steel, provides high load carrying capacity, excellent heat dissipation.
- Copper/Tin plating thickness 0.002mm, provides good corrosion resistance.
Static 250 N/mm2 (36,000 psi)
Very low speed 140 N/mm2 (20,000 psi)
Rotating oscillating 60 N/mm2 (8,400 psi)
Dry Running 2 m/s (400 fpm)
Hydrodynamic operation > 2 m/s (> 400 fpm)
Max. PV dry running
Short-term operation 3.6 N/mm2*m/s (102,000 psi-fpm)
Continuous operation 1.8 N/mm2*m/s (51,000 psi-fpm)
PV max. hydrodynamic
30 N/mm2*m/s (850,000 psi-fpm)
(291 BTU in /(hr)(ft2)(°F))
Coefficient of thermal expansion